Petersburg – On Saturday, two shootings occurred in the night involving a teenager with minor injuries and a man who is in serious condition, city police said.
The first shooting was reported around 8 p.m. in the 1100 block of West Wythe Street. The victim, a 15-year-old girl, was taken to Bon Secours Southside Medical Center with injuries that police said were not life-threatening.
The second shooting happened right before midnight along South Street. A man had sustained serious injuries and he was taken to Richmond hospital by helicopter.
Since the incident, there has been little information available for the public, and here is what we know.
Facts of the cases summarize as point forms
- Both shooting cases occurred between hours on a single night
- 1st incident – 15-year-old girl shot at 1100 block of West Wythe Street (non-life-threatening injuries)
- The address stated by the media seems to be a traffic junction with light traffic in the area both in the day and night.
- 2nd incident – 200 Blocks of South Street (serious injuries), A quiet neighbourhood with a few houses.
- The incidents happened hours apart and the location of both shootings is only 0.4miles. According to Google maps, it is only a 7minute walk from the 2 points.
- If the culprit is driving it would take 3mins as it is a one way street on W Wythe Street and the culprit would need to turn left at South Chappelle St. before turning to Rome Street.
- In any route the culplrit takes he or she would have to go past hundreds of houses.
Petersburg Police seeking information
The authorities are seeking information that can lead the Police in solving the cases.
If you have any information regarding the crime, you can inform the Police via (804) 861-1212 or through the official P3Tips mobile app.
For more news like our Facebook page.